Friday 31 August 2012

Book Review for The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
Release date: July 1, 2008
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 390





Summary: My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? it's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House...before its skeletons come back to haunt me.




Thoughts: Kelley Armstrong, you just blew me away with how marvellous this book was. Yes, the summary draws you in and makes you really want to read this book but once you start reading, this book gets ten times better than you actually thought it would be.
     Kelley Armstrong is phenomenal writer and this, being the first book of hers that I have read, it just draws me in and makes me want to read more of her books. She brings this story to life and makes you feel very connected to the book and the characters. You can really feel the hurt, anger and sadness in the characters, I mean, people think that they're insane.
     One thing that I really adored about this book was how Kelley Armstrong didn't just focus on vampires or werewolfs but a whole bunch of different supernaturals which was fun so you weren't just focused on one thing but you got to experience all of the other abilities and some were spine-chilling but still amusing.
     I would give The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong a 5/5 stars because it was a chilling and dark book but still fun and entertaining.




Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommended for people who like: Supernatural, Vampires, Werewolfs, Ghosts, Chilling, Haunting books 


No comments:

Post a Comment