Tuesday 7 August 2012

Book Review for The Selection by Kiera Cass

The Selection by Kiera Cass
Release date: April 24th, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 327


 
 
Summary: Thirty-five girls are chosen to go to the castle for a chance to meet the adorable Prince Maxon and have a chance to become his future bride. The girls are entered into, The Selection.
       Only for America Singer, being Selected is the worst possible nightmare that could ever happen because America has her whole life planned out. She will sing for her career and marry her secret love, Aspen. But now she has to leave her home to compete for a crown, and a man that she doesn't even want. Soon, she will be living in a palace that is threatened by rebel attacks and with the thirty-four other girls try to knock her out of the competition that America doesn't even want to win.
    Then, America meets Prince Maxon and gradually, she starts to question her decision about the rest of her life that she has always dreamed of that may not compare to the future she never imagined.
 
 
Thoughts: The Selection was a much better book then what I expected it to be. I had heard a bunch of people giving this book a very low rating like 1 or 2/5 stars so I was a little bit worried about how much I would like this book and how much I'd be into it but once I started the book, I just flew through it. I loved the whole topic and the way that the book was written. Kiera Cass did a fantastic job with the heart break aspects and it even made me cry at points. She also did a really good job with America's mixed personality throughout the book and she made all of them very believable and just did an overall good job with all the characters.
          The only flaw I found in this book was the starting. It started off a little bit slow but only the first few pages and then got into the forbidden love and the parts about getting picked for the Selection and then just went into full on action packed mode. The other little thing is it took like 40-50 pages of the book to actually get to The Selection point so that was one of the reasons that I found the book a bit slow at the beginning but other than that, this book is FANTASTIC!!!
     I really liked America as a protagonist, she was fun, sad and when she was mad, she was really strong and spoke her opinion which I think is a trait of a strong heroine. She really did make the book better and I felt so bad for her because all she saw in herself was all of her flaws and the bad things about her and the good things about everyone else, which was really sweet and nice but also sad since she didn't see how amazing she really was.
     I would rate, The Selection by Kiera Cass a 4/5 stars because it was a really good, thrilling book that is a fabulous read that many people do like and then some don't but it surprised me and I really like it so I do suggest that people read it and give it a chance!
 
 
Rating: 4/5 stars
Recomended for people who like: Fantasy, Romance, The Bachelor, competition and princes

No comments:

Post a Comment