Monday 2 July 2012

Book Review for Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler



Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Release Date: June 1st, 2009
Publisher: Litle Brown Books for Young Readers
Pages: 290


Summary: "Don’t worry, Anna. I’ll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it."
"Okay."
"Promise me? Promise you won’t say anything?"
"Don’t worry.” I laughed. “It’s our secret, right?"
According to Anna`s best friend, Frankie, going on a vacation for twenty days to Zanzibar Bay is the perfect time to have a summer fling and with Frankie`s plan to meet one boy every day, she thinks that they have a pretty big chance that Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna feels that the right thing to do is go along with Frankie`s game but there is something that Anna hasn`t told Frankie, Anna has already had her romance and it was with Frankie`s older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.
Thoughts:  I read Twenty Boy Summer while I was on vacation in Florida and I thought that this was the perfect summer read and a really good read for vacation. It made me have mixed emotions and I cried and laughed and was jumping up and down screaming with excitement! They whole story was just completely heartbreaking and made my heart swell.
      I felt so bad for Anna the whole time because having someone important die and then just everything that happens. Think about having someone ripped away from you, how much does it hurt, it`s unbearable. You feel like everything has just fallen apart and that you`re paralyzed. Your body just doesn`t work and your heart feels shattered.
     I think it can be hard to write a sad book well and if it isn`t written right, the story just doesn`t feel the same. It is like a part of the book is not there but Sarah Ockler did a fantastic job in making Twenty Boy Summer a heartfelt, sad romance book. Ms. Ockler just wrote this book in such a special kind of way that is unforgettable and that I haven`t been able to experience enough.
           Twenty Boy Summer is a great read that will make your heart ache and make you cry out to the world, WHY!!!! I would give Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler a 5 out of 5 stars because well because it was so amazing and an unforgettable read that will be shared with millions.

Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommended for people who like: Romance, Drama, Life Lessons and Sad stories 

No comments:

Post a Comment