Tuesday 24 April 2012

Book Review on The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Release date:September 27,2011  
Publisher:Simon Schuster Children's Publishing 
Pages:452
 
 
Summary: When a tragic event happens in Mara Dyers life and she wakes up in a hospital with no memory of the night, she thinks it can't get any worse. Only, it can. Mara believes that there must have been more to the accident that killed her three friends and left her mysteriously alive. There is. Now she thinks that because of all she has been through, she won't be able to fall in love.She's wrong.
 
Thoughts:  The unbecoming of Mara Dyer is an enthusiastic, thrilling book that no one will be able to get out of their head. I loved how this book made me get shivers down my spine and made me feel like someone was in my room and I was being watched. With all of the drama and thrilling moments, I couldn’t put this book down.
   The plot in this book is compulsive and makes you feel like you’re just grabbed into the whole thing. When she has the flash backs and is talking about all that has happened to her. This book did give me the chills, especially when she “see’s” her dead friends. The author also made a seductive romance and amazing protagonist who has been through the unimaginable. Mara Dyer is a fantastic book that you will always have to pick up and read like every second of everyday until you finish the whole, darn book. Mara Dyer is just fantastic.                                  
   The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer brings together so many unique aspects and makes you have incredible thoughts and takes you on a wild ride. The most original part in the book that I found was when you found out that she was diagnosed with a “crazy” disorder and make her imagine her friends and what happened when they died. This part made the book completely impossible to put down.
    The other character, Noah Shaw was your typical bad boy that everyone is warning the new girl about but she ends up falling for him anyway. Typical romance. The thing that drew you in about Shaw though, was that he was actually really nice and was a caring, loveable person who would be the last person that you would expect to be right by Mara’s side whenever he could be.
   Another amazing aspect of this book was how humours it was even though this book was so serious. Mara and Shaw both show the hilarious sides of them and make you have a few laughing out loud moments. I was so happy when I finished the book and I was so happy that Hodkin was able to pull of putting humor into a serious book and also making everyone be biting their nails at the same time.
   I also love the way that Michelle Hodkin wrote this book and she just completed the book making everything just right and I’m sure has made all of her reader’s happy and wanting so much more.
   I would give The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer a 5/5 stars just because everything was put together so well and Michelle Hodkin came out with a BANG that is making me crave for the next book. Yes, there is a sequel called The Evolution of Mara Dyer coming out October 2012! I am super excited and I hope you are too!

Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommended to people who like: Mystery, Drama, Romance, Thrill and books that will give you the chills

No comments:

Post a Comment