Saturday 14 April 2012

Book Review of Clarity by Kim Harrington

Clarity by Kim Harrington
Release date:March 11,2011
Publisher: Scholastic (Point)
Pages:242


Summary: Clarity "Clare" Fern can see things, things no one else can see. She can see peoples secrets, the ones they want to keep buried. For others, well they think it is a gift but to her, it's a curse.
   When a teenage girl is suddenly found murdered, Clares ex-boyfriend steps in and asks her if she will help find the killer and bring tourists back. Although Clare knows it will help, she is still furious with him, because he's a cheating, lieing jerk. Until Clare finds that her brother, Perry is now the top suspect and in jail. Clare now realizes she must help clear Perry's name and with the help of the new detectives son and her ex-boyfriend, the three of them set out to find the real killer. As Clare ventures deep into the world of mystery and crime, she starts taking risks, putting herself in grave danger and hopeing, that her gift will stay with her and not die out when she needs it most.

  Thoughts: Mystery and suspense books are always three words, To.Die.For. Clarity did just that. I have not read a mystery book in, I don't know how long but reading Clarity reminded me how much I love them. Feeling the suspense and your heart beating so loud your ears feel like they're going to bleed. The adrenaline just rushes throught your veins and makes you want to scream and cry. Also when the character is going with someone or into a room that you know will be the end and you start to bit your nails so hard it feels like they're going to fall off. Don't you just love mystery books?
     Kim Harrington did such a good job with this whole book. Right from page one she grabbed you in and you knew this was going to be an all time favourite book. Harrington keeps you holding onto your seat every page and sometimes even makes you fall. Literally. I think that Kim Harrington did an amazing job with everything. The writing, plot, story and even just how everything fit. She made the characters so, real. You can't even get me started on her writing. She wrote the story beautifully and she just well she just made it perfect.
     I just loved how the story was so different and completely original and amazing. I couldn't put it down and made the book so thrilling that I thought my hear was going to explode before I got to finish the book. I would die if I couldn't finish it.( Not literally ). Just it  was that good and I don't know but it was just like something took over me and made me like a complete freak for the book and I couldn't believe how amazingly thrilling it was.
      I would say Clarity is probably one of the best books, by far that I have read so far this year and will probably stick to being one of the best. I rate Clarity 5/5 stars.

Rating: 5/5 Stars
Recommended to people who like: Mystery, Suspense, Romance and Drama

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Everyone! Please leave comments and thughts about my blog and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isobel, you have actually convinced me to read Clarity....I will respond to your thoughts once I have finished it...hey, by the way, can I borrow it from you or did you get it from the library? With the amount you read, I am wondering do you generally get your books from the library or do you buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually get my books from the library. So yes I did get it from the library, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's ok, I think I am going for Miss Perigrene's orphanage one anyway. I can get that one on Kobo, I used to love getting totally creeped out by a good mystery, I think it will work for this long summer evenings. It will take me back to high school years when I was brave enough to 'get creeped out!!!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete