Tuesday 17 April 2012

Book Review for The Probability Of Miracles by Wendy Wunder



The Probability of Miralces by Wendy Wunder
Release date: December 8,2011
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages:360
Summary: Cam Cooper has spent the last seventeen years of her life in and out of hospitals and with cancer growing throughout her body, she has never lived a normal life, not for even one day. So with the doctors telling her she only has a month or two left to live, her mom packs them off and moves the family to Promise, Maine. The place where miracles are born and flamingo's, surprisingly stay. All Cam wants is to stay boxed in her room. Only then Cam makes a list of things to do before she dies. As she ventures through the town, checking things off the list, she dicovers that she may be starting to believe, in love, herself and even...miracles.
Thoughts: This book is a miracle. It was so good, heartbreaking,sad and probably the most beautiful book I have read so far this year.
  When I first heard of this book I was itching to read it, I mean look at the cover. Then you read what it is about and you can't help ut want to buy it. This is the first book I have read about a girl with cancer and it really sold me to it. I actually want to read more sad books about people with disabilities and cancer. Any way, I think that the probabiliy of miracles is a wonderful read and I would like to read it again and again. There was a part though that reminded me of the movie Charlie St. Cloud and it was still an amazing and emotional scene but my mind kept going back to that one scene. Which I am not going to tell you becausse that could ruin this whole part of the book. Another great thing about this book is the gracious and delicate writing. Her writing just spoke to you during the reading of this book. When the character was hurt,it was almost like what she wrote had such strong emotions about being hurt and expresse the feelings of the character's very, very well and will be an author to keep your eye on, for this is her debut novel. I think she is one of the few authors that have their debut novels as a hit!
   I think Wendy Wunder did an awesome job with this book and I know that many people have loved it and many want to read it! I would give The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder a 5/5 stars because this was just a well done book that I can't get out of my head and will be stuck in there for as long as I live.
Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommended to people who like: Drama, sad stories and romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment